A Little About Me…
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with 14 years experience working with individuals, couples, and families.
My style is warm, non-judgmental, direct, and collaborative. I deeply value the use of compassion and gentle persistence, with a touch of humor, to help my clients feel secure and at ease. From this place of safety, my clients find it easier to confront the most challenging aspects of their lives and all the perplexing things we human beings can say, think, and do.
My advanced and on-going education and experiential trainings in couples therapies (including Certification in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)) and trauma therapies (including EMDR and closely related modalities) enable me to move flexibly between the inner work of the individual and the in-between work of the couple or family.
Using models that extend beyond traditional talk therapy, I have found longer sessions (1.5 to 2.5 hours) to be highly beneficial. Within that range, the length and frequency of sessions are flexible and based on client needs. All sessions are currently online.
I consider it a tremendous honor to be of help to clients on this journey. Please feel free to reach out with any questions (I love questions) and to arrange a time to talk by phone. I look forward to hearing from you.
Education and Experience
- Certification in EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) for couples and families
- Level I and II Basic and advanced trainings in EMDR and related trauma therapies
- Workshop trainings, The Trauma Center in Boston, based on the work of Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) advanced training on sexual intimacy in relationships
- EFFT (Emotionally Focused Family Therapy) advanced training for families
- EMDR Advanced trainings on healing the wounds of attachment with Deany Laliotis, LCSW
- Ten years study in the processes and healing of traumatic stress with David Russell, Ph.D.
- Nine years Private Practice, West Hartford, CT
- Nine years experience conducting intensive sessions (e.g. multiple hours per session; multiple sessions per day or week)
- Counselor and Clinical Coordinator, HopeWorks, Inc., a non-profit organization serving adolescents and their families, West Hartford, CT
- M.A. in Community Counseling with Certificate in Spirituality, Saint Joseph College
- Saint Joseph College Faculty Award for Professional Contribution
- Bachelor of Science, Miami University